Out-of-State Jumpers: Florida Governor’s order 20-82, extended by order 20-112, requires for persons from areas with ‘substantial community spread’ – New York Tri-State area to quarantine for 14-days.
UPDATED INFORMATION – Opening Monday, May 4
- No persons will be allowed in manifest or inside buildings, except the Birdhouse and Bunker which are open air buildings.
Manifest will operate through the window for all transactions. No team rooms may be used.
- The aircraft will be lightly swabbed down between loads with sanitizer with attention to surfaces likely to have been touched.
- Masks are MANDATORY on the ground and ride to altitude — except in freefall where they are prohibited as a safety factor.
- Because the FLIGHT LINE is the highest risk work environment — persons working on the FLIGHT LINE should NOT wear masks as they could interfere with vision
– except the loader should wear a fask mask when dispensing hand sanitizer to skydivers.
- Treat all body fluids (such as diarrhea, vomit, or blood) like they are infectious.
- Handwashing is the single most important infection control measure.
- Wash hands often with soap and water for at least 20 seconds after assisting sick travelers or touching potentially contaminated body fluids or surfaces.
- Wash hands when visibly soiled.
- Use alcohol-based hand rub (containing at least 60% alcohol) if soap and water are not available.
- Avoid touching your mouth, eyes, and nose with unwashed or gloved hands.
SKYDIVERS ARE REMINDED THAT “WHEN THINGS ARE DIFFERENT,” THEY ARE AT GREATER RISK.
PLEASE DO NOT BE SO FOCUSED ON CORONAVIRUS SAFETY THAT YOU OVERLOOK FOCUS ON SKYDIVING SAFETY.
TAKE IT SLOW. TAKE IT SAFE. GEAR CHECKS!
REVIEW YOUR EMERGENCY PROCEDURES AND GET HELP FROM CAM (S&TA) ON ANYTHING YOU ARE NOT 100% COMFORTABLE WITH.
SKYDIVE CITY RE-OPENS MONDAY, MAY 4 at 9AM
(Previously had hoped to open Friday, May 1, 9AM)
Only for TANDEMS and SKYDIVERS who are jumping (not socializing)
Spectators – please do not visit Skydive City
PRECAUTIONS & PROTOCOL FOR
OPENING SKYDIVE CITY
Skydive City closed voluntarily on March 19 to help contain the coronavirus, allowing persons in the RV park to shelter in place. Skydive City has never received information that being at or skydiving at Skydive City put an individual at a greater risk of contracting the Covid-19 than at any other location in Florida or the United States. Skydive City believes that, since closure, no one has been at Skydive City who has had Covid-19 or been knowingly exposed to Covid-19. Skydive City has taken precautions to reduce the risk of coronavirus infection.
JUMPER ARE ADVISED OF CERTAIN PRECAUTIONS TAKEN AND THAT SHOULD BE TAKEN
CLEANING and OTHER PRECAUTIONS PRIOR TO OPENING AND AFTER OPENING
- Bathrooms – cleaned before opening and throughout the day frequently with a bleach solution.
- Commonly touched spaces swabbed down with a bleach rag, including door handles.
- Manifest – avoid sharing computers – unless wearing gloves or wipe down in between use.
- Bleach solutions – dilute to prevent gear damage and should not be used where skydiving gear is located or likely to be located.
FOOD and BAR
Sunset Bar and Manifest will sell alcohol in closed containers for consumption off the premises during regular hours. See map that indicates where “off the premises” begins.
Food service will not be available until May 16. Limited snacks at Manifest: BRING YOUR OWN FOOD.
SIGNAGE & BARRIERS
Sign at Front Gate:
LIMITED OPENING – SKYDIVERS AND TANDEM STUDENTS WITH RESERVATIONS ONLY
Plexiglass placed as a barrier between customers and manifest.
Signs in Various Locations:
CORONAVIRUS – SKYDIVING IS A CONTACT SPORT
BY SKYDIVING AND BEING AT SKYDIVE CITY, YOU ASSUME THE RISK OF COVID-19 INFECTION
You are not be safe from coronavirus infection here. No amount of care or caution can assure your protection. We have taken reasonable precautions to protect your health, but make no guarantees or representations. You must take your own precautions. If you cannot accept that risk, don’t skydive or be at Skydive City. As a condition of being here:
YOU AGREE THAT YOU ARE NOT ILL and HAVE NOT BEEN KNOWINGLY EXPOSED TO COVID-19
No more than 2 people in manifest at any time. Stand with six feet of distancing. Temporarily, payments accepted at the Window. Putting more money on account than normally avoids visiting manifest frequently.
Signs on Manifest doors:
DURING THIS TIME:
ONLY STAFF INSIDE MANIFEST OFFICE
DO NOT STICK FACE INTO MANIFEST WINDOW
SPECTATORS PLEASE DO NOT ENTER.
ONLY persons jumping may be in manifest.
Sign at aircraft cockpit entrance:
Avoid talking to pilot. Cover your mouth if you must.
Water fountains — caution tape placed to prevent use.
SPECTATORS: We are normally friendly. If we don’t talk to you it is due coronavirus. Children should not be here. Avoid interacting with others.
Signs in bathroom stalls:
AVOID TOUCHING SURFACES
Use paper towel, gloves or other barrier between your hand and faucets and flush levers
Sign on Moby Deck:
NO SPECTATORS at SKYDIVE CITY
UNLESS YOU ARE ACCOMPANIED
BY A TANDEM OR EXPERIENCED SKYDIVER
- Aircraft and skydiving safety should never be sacrificed for coronavirus safety.
- Everyone visiting at Skydive City must have a face mask or other nose/mouth barrier in their possession.
- Face masks must be worn in manifest, boarding area, in airplane and otherwise as frequently as practical.
- Maintain six feet distance at the boarding area, manifest and elsewhere, as practical.
- Avoid holding items held by others.
- Refuse to interact with anyone who appears ill. Alert management or S&TA who will escort the person off the drop zone.
- Instructors – refuse to jump with anyone who appears ill and advise management or S&TA.
- No fist-bumping, high-fiving, handshaking or other unnecessary touching.
Toomey is the “Washee Washee Deputy” who will provide a squirt of hand sanitizer to help seat belts stay sanitary.
- No spectators at Skydive City unless accompanying tandem students.
- Everyone is responsible for safety.
- Everyone should politely inform spectators (who are not with tandems) not to be here – alert management if they do not leave.
- Everyone will sign the attached WAIVER and QUESTIONNAIRE. Any “yes” responses will be required to leave Skydive City.
- Florida Governor’s order requiring persons from out-of-state to quarantine for 14 days ex
pires May 8applies to persons from areas of ‘substantial community spread,’ including Tri-State area (NY, CT, NJ)
Tandem & AFF precautions:
Note: Given PIA not endorsing any product on gear, we have changed our policy:
Instructors must swab down the touch-points of student harnesses using only:
- Instructors may use a water-damp (not wet) rag to lightly swab down tandem gear.
Or, diluted solution of Lysol in a spray container – sprayed onto a rag and swabbed on the touch points of the student harness.
- No Bleach or any other product, including hand sanitizer, on or near tandem gear.
- Tandem Instructors – use full face helmet.
- Instructors – wash hands prior to and after each customer interaction.
- Tandem Instructors – wear a buff or other lower face mask or covering when speaking with and harnessing students – and should request students to do so.
- Tandem instructors – on initial interaction with customers, escort them to the manifest bathroom to wash their hands.
- Tandem students should not use a jumpsuit.
- AFF students should wear a jumpsuit – using the same jumpsuit all day.
Manifest safety and responsibilities
- Place barriers between hand and items to prevent direct contact. Barriers may be glove, sleeve of shirt or other piece of cloth or paper.
- Wash hands frequently.
- Manifest: Direct persons to wait outside when 2 people are already inside.
- Manifest may accept payments at manifest window – but give priority to persons manifesting.
- Periodically, manifest will read the signs about hand washing and risks over the loud speaker.
Loader safety and responsibilities:
- At the start of each day, and on shutdowns, the loader shall use Lysol on rags to swab the interior of the airplane.
- At the start of the day, loader will clean the metal on each seat belt, including pilot seatbelts.
- Prior to each load, loader will clean the bar and the sides of the door.
- Loader should ensure that six feet of distance be maintained between persons when loading, except tandem instructors will hold the harness of students.
- Loader will not permit anyone to enter the aircraft without a face mask.
- Fun jumpers take precautions consistent with government guidance.
- Spread out on Moby Deck, in the packing areas, Bunker, and on tarps to create six feet of distance between yourselves and others.
- Dirt Dive with virtual, distanced touching.
- No spectators on the Deck – escort spectators to the spectator area.
- Benches should be positioned in spectator area.
- Manifest should advise spectators to be in the spectator area.
- Boarding Area: Keep 6 feet distance boarding the airplane.
Government guidance is ambiguous. Differences in comfort with social distancing vary. Phase 1 federal guidelines recommend 6 feet of social distancing and maximum 10 in a group –except if social distancing is impractical, precautionary measures should be observed. Skydive City has determined that it is impractical to run the Otters with six feet distance and ten skydivers. Skydive City is implementing precautionary measures. In deference to those wanting more social distancing, Otter loads available on request with ten slots with a higher price.
Twin Otters will have 20 slots at the regular price. On request, Twin Otter loads will be manifested with a maximum and minimum of ten slots at a higher price.
Precautionary measures in the aircraft:
- The door may be opened at safe altitude to encourage air circulation.
- Skydivers and students MUST wear a neck buff pulled up over mouth and nose, or other face mask, in the boarding area, in the aircraft (and on exit if exits are in tight proximity – tight exits should be avoided).
- A cloth, sleeve or other barrier is recommended to fasten seat belts.
AFTER JUMPING PROTOCOLS
- Jumpers and staff should go directly home after jumping without making a stop.
They should launder their clothes and wash thoroughly so as not to introduce any inadvertent contamination into the broader community.
Everyone Required to Sign this Waiver Addendum and Questionnaire:
WAIVER OF CLAIMS and LIABILITY RELATED TO CORONAVIRUS AND AGREEMENT
I know that skydiving is a close contact sport that may heighten the risk of exposure to coronavirus. I know that I could be exposed to coronavirus at Skydive City and could become ill after such exposure. I agree that Skydive City has taken reasonable precautions to prevent my exposure to coronavirus and that no amount of care or caution by Skydive City can eliminate the risk that I am exposed to coronavirus or develop illness. I agree that there is no way to determine if any illness I may get is the fault of or caused by Skydive City, and I waive any claim I may make that Skydive City caused any illness I may develop. I voluntarily agree of my own free will to be at Skydive City and participate in activities at Skydive City. I assume any risk of infection and covenant not to sue Skydive City; and if I do sue, it is a breach of this agreement which is legally enforceable.
Date of Birth: __________________
Do you have the coronavirus? ______ YES ____No
Have you had or been exposed to the virus in the last 14 days? _____ YES ______NO
Have you travelled outside the US in the last 14 days? _____ YES ______ NO
Do you have any of the following symptoms? _______ YES ______ NO
Coughing _____ YES ______ NO
Shortness of Breath _____ YES ______ NO
Fever > 100 F _____ YES _____ NO
Chills or repeated shaking with chills _______ YES _______ NO
Muscle pain ______ YES _____ NO
Sore throat ______ YES ______ NO
Headache ______ YES ______ NO
New loss of taste or smell ______ YES _______NO
Florida Governor DeSantis’ order requiring 14 days self-quarantining after entering Florida expires May 8
Have you been outside Florida in the last 14 days? _____ YES _____ NO
BOOK YOUR JUMP!
Book online. Or, reserve your slot by calling or writing our email
ARRIVAL & CHECK IN:
Arrive at your scheduled time. Bring your gift certificate or booking confirmation. Carefully read our Waiver, sign it and fill out a registration form online or when you arrive
Our manifest and instructors will show you a video about your Waiver and an instructional video. The instructor will give you a tandem skydive briefing and prepare you for the jump. You will put on a jumpsuit and a harness
Getting video? Your instructor and videographer will begin professional production by setting up the intro shots and ground interview
BOARDING THE AIRCRAFT:
Your instructor will lead you to the boarding area. You board a spacious Super Twin Otter. On your 20 minute flight, your instructor will buckle you to the harness and give you the last instructions.
The door opens. You slide to the edge. Your instructor swings you out the door. You quickly accelerate to 120MPH of adrenaline for 60 seconds of freefall and the parachute opens at 5000 feet.
You help steer the parachute during the 4 minute ride down.
Your instructor takes over for the landing. Just lift your legs as high as you can!
- Outside Video – $95 (Freefall videographer flies alongside and shoots video and photos)
- Handcam Video – $75 (Tandem instructor takes hand-cam video and photos)
- Handcam Still Photos – $55 (Tandem Instructor takes hand-cam photos only)
Ready to jump?
Make a reservation on our reservations page
Your email confirmation will link you to our Online Waiver and Training Video.