Go Big or Go Home – Dragon Head Down Big Ways
2022 is for sure the year of the Head Down Big Ways! With everyone training hard to get ready for the next 200 Way Head Down World Record attempt at SDC, Project 19 and so many other vertical events organized at state level.
The opportunity to do big ways is not always possible, because of plane capabilities, DZ characteristics or enough experience available.
Because of that, we decided to GO BIG OR GO HOME at Skydive City with Release The Dragon!!! Our Twin Otters will be ready to do 20 ways all weekend and we are planning on Sunday, to set a new Florida Head Down Sequential Record!
We will have an experienced organizer team in charge of this event lead by the one and only MELISSA LOWE!!!
Yes, the USPA National Director is also an amazing Freeflyer with more than 28 years in the sport and has organized in many world records! We are so excited to have someone like her with us and we are looking forward to learning from her incredible experience.
Who should consider participating in this event:
– If you are proficient flying on your head and want to move forward to bigger groups (you can dive/float to a formation, fly on level and break off safely) – Requirement
– If you have some big way experience and want to do some good training (big ways are not always available, and this is a great chance to practice doing 20 ways and practice in different positions on the formation)
– If you are looking to be part of any future big way record (HD world record in 2022, project 19, state records or any other big way event)
– If you are looking to have a great time, learning from world class organizers and maybe be part of a new Florida Head Down Sequential State Record
GO BIG OR GO HOME – DRAGON HEAD DOWN BIG WAYS – 2 groups of 20 ways (single plane)
36 Spots available in total
Dates – April 29th-30th and May 1st
Registration fee: $85 per person per day or $240 for 3 days + your own jumps
To be part of the head down sequential record on Sunday, you must jump at least in one of the previous days (please consider that when you register) and have a current USPA membership/license.
5 jumps per day (depending on weather conditions) – Video Debrief in every jump
Organizers / Camera Teams (we are planning to have 2 full planes doing 20 ways each, for 3 days):
• Lead Organizer: Melissa Lowe
• Support Organizer: Gian Franco Malinconi
• Camera: Ryan Patrick
Plane 2 (second plane will be 100% confirmed once we reach a minimum number of registrations)
• Lead Organizer: Mike Di Lisi
• Support Organizer: Alain Nadeau
• Camera: Javier “Buzz” Ortiz
EVENT DETAILS AND ACTIVITIES
THURSDAY 28th – Welcome Dinner and Initial Briefing (Optional)
We will have an activity during the evening and will be focused on deliver valuable information about the general aspects of Head Down Big Way jumps.
We know that can be a little bit intimidating getting in a big way event without much previous experience and we would like to have the opportunity to close the gaps on the understanding of the logic behind the formations and the dynamic of this specific type of skydives. The idea is to meet at 18:30, enjoy a nice Taco Bar that our café will be offering that night (not included in registration).
At 19:00 we will have a presentation with very valuable information and experiences, to help the participants to have a better understanding about head down big way jumps, covering these topics:
– Logic behind the formation shape and positions
– Exits and plane positions (with one or more planes)
– Approach to the formation (floating and diving side)
– LSD (proper big way levels, cross partner discipline and how to fly strong as part of the formation)
– Break off procedures
– Safe canopy piloting in a big way environment
FRIDAY 29th and SATURDAY 30th – HD Big Way Camp Day 1 and 2 – 20 ways
Meeting time for both days will be 8:00. Please check-in with Melissa or Gian Franco as soon you get to the DZ so we can know who is available for the jumps. Make sure you are done with the DZ paperwork and that you have money in your burble account. Each day we will do a general briefing, define the groups for each plane and then each organizer team will manifest, walk the jumps and start jumping.
The idea is to be able to do 5 jumps per day and we will rotate people in different positions across the formation, giving the opportunity to practice different things and to be seen from the organizer team to get a chance to be part of the record team on Sunday.
On Saturday night, after the jumps, we will have a BARBECUE for all the participants and organizing team. The food will be included in the registration, but the drinks are not. We encourage everyone to support our local bar that night. Also, we will enjoy some videos Big Way videos from the weekend and another experiences (Ryan Patrick and Javier “Buzz” Ortiz will show us their amazing work).
SUNDAY May 1st – Sequential Record Day and Camp Day 3
Meeting will be at 8:00 again for everyone. We will have 1 plane focused setting a new Florida Head Down Sequential State Record.
The design of the formation and points will be informed closer to the event dates (we are looking originally to go for a 20 way with 2 points and a third point as bonus). The slots and people selected for it, will come from what we will see during the previous 2 days.
The other group of participants will continue training, doing 20 ways with 2 of the organizers and a camera. Is always possible that the organizer team needs someone from this group, to join the record group (just like happen in the world record). Is key to keep jumping, to be ready when the opportunity shows up.
We will have a judge on site and any cost related to the formal side of the record will be informed with time. Is imperative that everyone has a current USPA membership and license. Please make sure you have that ready before the event start (if you don’t have it, you won’t be able to be part of the record, but you will be able to jump with the training group).
Any modification or updates in the schedule will be informed in the event page and we will create a WhatsApp group, to manage fast communication with all the participants and organizers of the event.
– +500 jumps (Ideal, any special case will be analyzed by the LOs)
– AAD and Audible Altimeter available (Mandatory)
– Some experience in Head Down big ways (ideal)
– Wind Tunnel experience is a plus, but not a requirement (in Head Down orientation)
Step 1: please fill this registration form:
To complete your registration, you must pay the registration fee:
– PAYMENT OPTION 1 – CASH: You can pay with cash directly with me (this must happen before the event starts to save your spot).
– PAYMENT OPTION 2 – BURBLE: You can transfer the registration fee amount to my burble account at Zhills from your own account.
– PAYMENT OPTION 3 – VENMO: You can send the registration fee to this account @JustInTimeLLC
– PAYMENT OPTION 4 – PAYPAL (international participants). Please send me a message and we will send you a PayPal Payment Request.
VERY IMPORTANT: Only people registered and paid will have a secure slot on the camp! Register fast before is sold out!!!
ACCOMODATIONS AT SKYDIVE CITY
If you need a place to stay during the event, send an email to [email protected] and get a rental trailer for you and your friends. Nothing better than stay at the DZ. Wake up and fly. Finish the day, have a nice drink relaxed because you won’t have to drive. Ask for rates and availability.
It’s time to Go Big or Go Home!
Release The Dragon
The Power, The Style and The Moooooves!!!